Paul gets by - better as it happens- with a little help from his friends in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey based service groups and individuals have helped fund the purchase of a specialist wheelchair for Paul Payne.
Rotarian Jenny Parker said: “Paul approached our Rotary Club to see if we could help him purchase a custom made wheelchair.
“Paul had raised some funds himself but it was not enough. We asked around and several groups, along with former mayor David Mason and a local business Gas Design who all chipped in and the chair was purchased.
“This is a terrific example of the town pulling together to help a local man”.
Paul said “I am very grateful for all the help I have received from everyone. It has made a huge difference to my life thank you very much.
The photo shows those who contributed President and members of Rotary Club and The Lions, The Whittlesey Charities, Gas Design and Cllr Alex Miscandlon, the current mayor of Whittlesey, representing the town council.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim