Paul gets by - better as it happens- with a little help from his friends in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey based service groups and individuals have helped fund the purchase of a specialist wheelchair for Paul Payne.
Rotarian Jenny Parker said: “Paul approached our Rotary Club to see if we could help him purchase a custom made wheelchair.
“Paul had raised some funds himself but it was not enough. We asked around and several groups, along with former mayor David Mason and a local business Gas Design who all chipped in and the chair was purchased.
“This is a terrific example of the town pulling together to help a local man”.
Paul said “I am very grateful for all the help I have received from everyone. It has made a huge difference to my life thank you very much.
You may also want to watch:
The photo shows those who contributed President and members of Rotary Club and The Lions, The Whittlesey Charities, Gas Design and Cllr Alex Miscandlon, the current mayor of Whittlesey, representing the town council.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder