Paul’s royal visit: Wing Commander Bower returns to March air cadets for an evening after receiving OBE
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from his trip to Buckingham Palace, former March air cadet Wing Commander Paul Bower went back to where his time with the cadets began to share his experiences of being awarded an OBE.
Paul told members of 1220 March squadron what it was like to meet Prince Charles when he was presented with his medal last month.
He said: “I didn’t know whether to believe the news and it only felt real when the Queen’s birthday honours list was published.
“I was overwhelmed by all the congratulatory messages I received by post, phone and social media.”
The cadets then watched a DVD of Paul’s presentation, before they asked questions and had the opportunity to have a look at the OBE.
You may also want to watch:
The 1220 squadron is now recruiting. If you are interested and aged between 12 and 17, visit www.1220atc.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire