Peace, tranquility and sacred cows as Wisbech Interfaith Forum visits temple
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Interfaith Forum took a coach load of locals to the Hare Krishna Temple near Watford.
This beautiful facility was donated to the movement by the late George Harrison, the Beatle.
The party joined hundreds of other visitors who flock weekly to this shrine. The group were warmly welcomed by the hosts and received an extensive tour of the beautiful facilities, including the sacred cows.
They were also provided with a vegetarian meal.
The visit was arranged by Bharat and Pritty Khetani who are regular visitors to the shrine.
You may also want to watch:
While they were at the shrine the group met a party from Thomas Clarkson Academy who were visiting with their teacher Mrs Geary.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government