Seasonal flavours and atmosphere with the National Trust in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Christmas trees, flowers and all the sparkle, scents and sounds of the season will greet visitors to the National Trust’s Peckover House when it opens its doors for the start of its Christmas Celebration.
“Staff and volunteers are working hard to make the house even more magical this year’, said operations manager Ben Rickett.
“We even have a special Christmas mice trail for families this festive season! They will be hidden in the rooms transformed with festive foliage and Christmas trees decorated by local groups and businesses.”
On Sunday December 16, visitors will be able to enjoy the seasonal atmosphere in the kitchen, when LEADA, an interactive re-enactment group led by Linda Ekins, will become Victorian cooks for the day.
There will be lots of activity, as they gossip about life in Victorian Wisbech and prepare festive food for the Peckover family.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas celebration at Peckover House will take place from Saturday 8 to Sunday 16, from 11am to last admission at 3.30pm.
There will also be music by local choirs and musicians and a festive menu available in the Reed Barn.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
This nine day event promises plenty of sparkle and fun ready for Christmas.