Peckover Primary School becomes an academy
- Credit: Archant
ONE of Wisbech’s biggest schools has acquired academy status.
Peckover Primary School, which was established in 1953, joined the Brooke Weston Trust group of schools at the beginning of the month.
The trust, which originates from Corby, already runs Thomas Clarkson Academy, Wisbech, as well as four secondary and three primary schools in Northamptonshire.
David Oliver, the chair of governors, said: “The Brooke Weston Trust was chosen to sponsor Peckover by the governors because it can offer the support and expertise to be able to continue to develop Peckover from a good to an outstanding school.
“The staff are looking forward to working with the trust in order to further progress the high standard of education that Peckover children get.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Peter Simspon, the Chief Executive Officer of Brooke Weston Trust said: “We are delighted that The Peckover School has decided to join our trust.
“We are looking forward to working together with pupils, parents and staff to build on the strong reputation of this excellent school.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'