Pedestrian killed in collision with two cars on A141 near Chatteris
A FEMALE pedestrian died in a collision with two cars on a Fenland road last night.
Dijana Arlauskiene, 37, of Huntingdon Road, Chatteris, died after being struck by two cars on the A141 Isle of Ely Way, about half a mile outside of Chatteris, at 6.30pm.
The collision involved a Vauxhall Omega and a Vauxhall Astra. Neither driver was injured in the incident.
The road was closed between the B1093 Old Station Way, Wimblington, and the roundabout where the A141 and A142 meet at Chatteris for several hours while investigations were carried out.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Sgt Richard Jackson said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
It is the second time in recent years that a pedestrian has died in a collision with a car on A roads on the outskirts of Chatteris.
Bronislava Ilgiene, 57, died when she was crossing the A142 to get to work at Rustler’s onion factory in the early hours of March 31 2010.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Jackson on 101.