Pedestrian killed in collision with two cars on A141 near Chatteris
A FEMALE pedestrian died in a collision with two cars on a Fenland road last night.
Dijana Arlauskiene, 37, of Huntingdon Road, Chatteris, died after being struck by two cars on the A141 Isle of Ely Way, about half a mile outside of Chatteris, at 6.30pm.
The collision involved a Vauxhall Omega and a Vauxhall Astra. Neither driver was injured in the incident.
The road was closed between the B1093 Old Station Way, Wimblington, and the roundabout where the A141 and A142 meet at Chatteris for several hours while investigations were carried out.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Sgt Richard Jackson said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in recent years that a pedestrian has died in a collision with a car on A roads on the outskirts of Chatteris.
Bronislava Ilgiene, 57, died when she was crossing the A142 to get to work at Rustler’s onion factory in the early hours of March 31 2010.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Jackson on 101.