Pensioner, 75, accused of raping teenage boys
A PENSIONER facing two charges of raping a boy appeared in court today, and has been committed to Cambridge Crown Court.
John Whitcombe, 75, also faces a number of other sex charges, along with an allegation of possessing child pornography.
Appearing at Wisbech courthouse, the pensioner from Lyons Court, Chatteris, was not asked to enter a plea to the charges.
He was instructed to appear at the Cambridge court for a preliminary hearing on Monday, and was given conditional bail.
Both rape charges facing Whitcombe are alleged to have been committed against a boy aged between 13 and 15, in Gedney, between December 1 2008 and July 2009.
You may also want to watch:
He is also charged with sexually assaulting a male over the age of 16 in March between March 1 and July 31 last year.
Whitcombe also faces two charges of sexual activity with a boy in Gedney between December 1 2008 and July 31 2009; and one further charge of sexual activity with a boy in March, between January 1 and Deceber 31 last year.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s