Pensioner, 75, accused of raping teenage boys
A PENSIONER facing two charges of raping a boy appeared in court today, and has been committed to Cambridge Crown Court.
John Whitcombe, 75, also faces a number of other sex charges, along with an allegation of possessing child pornography.
Appearing at Wisbech courthouse, the pensioner from Lyons Court, Chatteris, was not asked to enter a plea to the charges.
He was instructed to appear at the Cambridge court for a preliminary hearing on Monday, and was given conditional bail.
Both rape charges facing Whitcombe are alleged to have been committed against a boy aged between 13 and 15, in Gedney, between December 1 2008 and July 2009.
He is also charged with sexually assaulting a male over the age of 16 in March between March 1 and July 31 last year.
Whitcombe also faces two charges of sexual activity with a boy in Gedney between December 1 2008 and July 31 2009; and one further charge of sexual activity with a boy in March, between January 1 and Deceber 31 last year.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village