People on loan at Wisbech library for chats on issues like drug abuse
- Credit: Archant
Want to know more about issues such as mental health, drug and alcohol abuse, living with blindness or even working with sex offenders then Wisbech library is the place to be this weekend (Saturday).
Borrowers will have the chance to loan a person for up to 30 minutes as part of an exciting initiative aimed at breaking down barriers and challenging the stigma and prejudice normally attached to these kind of problems.
The SUN Network (www.sunnetwork.org.uk) are holding a human library offering people the opportunity to borrow a person instead of a book, and to then ask any question about their life.
This is the second human library to be run in Cambridgeshire and will run at the library from 10am to 1pm with the aim of bringing people together to have interesting conversations and break down barriers.
There will be around eight people on offer for people to borrow.
You may also want to watch:
For more information: www.humanlibraryuk.org.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'