People power creates colourful community work of art in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech artist Dan Donovan brought a vibrant community project to the town when he gave people the chance to create a group work of art.
Over two days he set up shop in the market place and then at Tesco Extra to allow passers by to add a splash of colour.
He said: “The art project is an opportunity for Wisbech residents and visitors to come and express themselves through paint to create a communal work of art.
“My main vision is to embrace art, bringing all ages, abilities and communities together in an expressive visual piece.
“The concept is to set up a large blank ‘canvas’ in two public spaces and invite members of the public to contribute momentarily to a finished piece of work with paints and large brushes provided.
You may also want to watch:
“The piece will be seen as experimental and abstract but the art created will evolve throughout the session and become something with meaning and be a unique expression of the public involved on the day.
Joining the project were community artist Hilary Cox and Lesley Mardle.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder