People’s Postcode Lottery hands over £175,000 to Welney wetlands centre to help more people “connect with nature”
- Credit: Archant
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust at Welney has been handed £175,000 from the People’s Postcode Lottery.
The trust’s chief executive, Martin Spray received a cheque for £175,000 from players of the lottery on Tuesday.
The money will help to improve wetland homes for wildlife and get more people up close and learning about nature.
Wildfowl and Wetlands trust chief executive Martin Spray said: “The money will ensure Welney goes from strength to strength.
“It will make out wetland centres even better for wildlife and help more people make that special connection with nature.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will help fund improvements at the Welney centre which has already seen new heated hides with speakers installed to help visitors enjoy daily swan feeds.
Clara Govier of the People’s Postcode Lottery said: “I am delighted that our players are able to support that great work carried out by the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council