Person dies in A1 collision between car and lorry near Wansford - road closed northbound
- Credit: Archant
A person has died in a two vehicle collision on the A1 near Wansford.
A car collided with a lorry at the A47 junction in the layby. Police, ambulance and the fire service are on the scene.
The A1 northbound at Wansford is closed and drivers are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “Road users are advised that there are delays on the A1 in Cambridgeshire following an incident involving a lorry and a car.
“The road is closed northbound between the A47 at Wansford and B1081.
You may also want to watch:
“Emergency services and the Highways Agency are currently dealing with the incident.
“Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey as there are delays in the area and follow the diversion route, the Hollow Diamond and use the A47 towards Duddington and A43 towards Wothorpe.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
“The carriageway is not expected to open until later this evening, but will fully reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.”
The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website (www.highways.gov.uk/traffic), local and national radio travel bulletins, electronic road signs and mobile platforms, such as the iPhone.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call the roads policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.