Peter Andre meets local Slimming World reps
- Credit: Archant
Two Slimming World consultants from the Fens say meeting singer and TV presenter Peter Andre was the perfect way to get set for a healthy new year.
Tina Rust and Helen Moore met the star when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards.
Tina, who runs a group at The Rosmini Centre, Wisbech every Monday and at The Pavilion, Terrington St Clement every Thursday, said meeting the singer was a wonderful way to round off 2014 and the perfect way to kick start another successful year.
She said: “I’m so proud of all of our members. They’ve lost fantastic amounts of weight throughout 2014 with many of them reaching their target weights and improving their health substantially.
“It’s so rewarding to see people achieve things that they didn’t think possible before losing weight, whether that’s wearing smaller-sized clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or being able to do more with their family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Meeting Peter was a real treat – he was such a nice guy – and a great way to celebrate all of that.
Two-time celebrity dad-of-the-year Peter, said: “Being in the public eye there’s a lot of scrutiny and if you put on even a pound or two the magazines and newspapers are extremely quick to point it out, so I’ve always tried to take care of myself and watch my weight.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
“However since becoming a dad I’ve realised it’s about more than just looking good; it’s much more important to me that I’m fit and healthy and setting a good example to my children.
Helen, who runs a Slimming World group at 2nd March Scout Hut, March every Wednesday, said: “Joining Slimming World is the best way for people to lose weight this January. Getting off to a great start is really important when embarking on a slimming plan; seeing results on the scales and feeling lighter and brighter will motivate people to keep going and achieve their goals.”