Arsonists set parked Vauxhall Astra car alight at side of Lincoln Road in Peterborough
- Credit: CAMBS FIRE
A silver Vauxhall Astra went up in flames on Monday night after arson attackers set the car alight in Millfield, Peterborough.
The attackers caught fire to the vehicle on Lincoln Road at around 8.40pm on March 11 – dramatic photos show the large flames coming from the car.
Firefighters from Dogsthorpe were dispatched and tackled the deliberate blaze for more than half an hour before returning to their station.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 8.42pm on Monday one crew from Dogsthorpe was called to the fire on Lincoln Road in Millfield, Peterborough.”
The incident stunned shoppers as the fire was started just metres away from one of the convenience stores on the stretch of road.
You may also want to watch:
“We arrived to find a car on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus we extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to our station by 9.25pm. The cause of the fire was deliberate,” the spokesman added.
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action