Do you know this man? Transport police want to question him after he got off train at Peterborough and allegedly assaulted a member of staff
- Credit: Archant
A man who assaulted a member of staff when he got off a train without a ticket is being sought by British Transport Police.
Officers are investigating the assault where a member of rail staff was punched by the man who had no ticket.
At around 11.40am on 6 June, a Greater Anglia member of staff approached a man and asked to see his ticket. The man had no ticket and was issued with a penalty notice.
When the train arrived into Peterborough station, the man became increasingly aggressive, before swinging a punch at the victim.
A transport police spokesman said: "Fortunately the victim, a man in his forties, did not sustain any serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers believe the man shown in these CCTV images may have information which could help them investigate."
If you know who he is, contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 190048828. Or you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years