Man pretends to be a police officer pulling drivers over in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A man has been reported for puling drivers over in Peterborough, in a car fitted with blue lights in the windscreen, pretending to be a police officer.
Police are urging motorists to be on their guard following reports of a suspicious incident in Peterborough on Tuesday July 17.
Officers were called to reports of a man driving an 06 registered blue Seat and pulling over members of the public at around 8pm in Bretton Gate.
The car was fitted with blue lights in the windscreen and the driver is described as wearing black trousers, a white shirt, black tie and a high visibility jacket.
PC Stuart Appleton said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen this man pulling drivers over and would like to speak to an Audi driver we believe the man stopped.
You may also want to watch:
“It is concerning that someone may be imitating a police officer and we are keen to establish the facts around this incident.”
• Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years