Man pretends to be a police officer pulling drivers over in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A man has been reported for puling drivers over in Peterborough, in a car fitted with blue lights in the windscreen, pretending to be a police officer.
Police are urging motorists to be on their guard following reports of a suspicious incident in Peterborough on Tuesday July 17.
Officers were called to reports of a man driving an 06 registered blue Seat and pulling over members of the public at around 8pm in Bretton Gate.
The car was fitted with blue lights in the windscreen and the driver is described as wearing black trousers, a white shirt, black tie and a high visibility jacket.
PC Stuart Appleton said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen this man pulling drivers over and would like to speak to an Audi driver we believe the man stopped.
You may also want to watch:
“It is concerning that someone may be imitating a police officer and we are keen to establish the facts around this incident.”
• Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'