Petition to Fenland Council calls for resignation of leader John Clark “following an unprecedented breakdown in trust between him and the people of March and Fenland”
- Credit: Archant
A petition calling for the resignation of Fenland Council leader John Clark has been put on the agenda for next Thursday’s meeting.
The petition – signed by well over the minimum 500 people to ensure it can be considered- follows anger over the future of Estover playing field, March.
The petition claims Cllr Clark should resign “following an unprecedented breakdown in trust between him and the people of March and Fenland”.
It calls for him “to resign forthwith” claiming he has “systematically broken pledges to the people of March to prevent housing development on a key public open space, Estover playing field”.
The petition claims Cllr Clark has failed to accept that his own council agreed there should be no housing in NE March under the Local Plan.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Goodall, head of governance and legal services, says in a report that “when considering a petition, the council has several options on how to respond including taking the action requested in the petition, considering the petition at a council meeting”.
She has suggested to councillors the petition is considered following another item on the agenda which will hear an update on the Local Plan.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack