Petrol station worker coshed as robbers escape with cash and tobacco
A NIGHT shift worker at a petrol filling station was coshed in the early hours of today as robbers made off with a haul of cash and tobacco.
The robbery took place at about 1.30am at the Kingfisher filling station (formerly the Jet garage) in Lincoln Road, Millfield, Peterborough.
“A male member of staff had just opened a rear door when he was struck to the back of the head and knocked to the floor,” said a police spokesman.
“The robbers had made off with a significant amount of cash and tobacco, including packets of cigarettes.”
The member of staff was taken to Peterborough District Hospital. He was not seriously injured but did suffer concussion.
You may also want to watch:
There are no descriptions of the robbers but it is believed there were two of them and both were male. It is not known if the men were armed.
DC Sasha Motley of Cambs Police, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at about this time to consider whether they saw anyone acting suspiciously or maybe leaving the area at speed. Anyone with any information should contact police.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone with information should contact CID at Thorpe Wood Police Station on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.