Pharmacist Ardeshir Danesh from Terrington St John meets Health Minister Jeremy Hunt to discuss rural pharmacies
- Credit: Archant
Representatives from Norfolk pharmacies joined the health secretary Jeremy Hunt and South West Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss to discuss the proposed changes to community pharmacies.
Ms Truss joined Ardeshir Danesh at his Terrington St John’s pharmacy and Tony Dean, chief officer of Norfolk Local Community Pharmacy to consult on the key aims of the new pharmacy framework as outlined by NHS England.
The delegation then moved onto Swaffham to raise with the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, the value of pharmacies in a rural setting.
Ms Truss said: “I was delighted that the health secretary had the opportunity to meet Ardeshir and discuss the proposed changes to community pharmacies.
“I believe community pharmacies offer a fantastic service, particularly in rural areas like South West Norfolk. Ardeshir can have 200 – 300 patients per day visiting his pharmacy and with additional services offered on site like flu vaccinations and healthy living, this facility and the many others like it are great for rural areas.
You may also want to watch:
“As part of the NHS structure, where sparsity of population and transport links can create additional challenges, the presence of a pharmacy in our towns and villages provide a valuable asset to rural health care. This was very much the point that was made to the health secretary and I will be arranging for further consultations to take place with the health minister Allister Burt.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend