Photographer runs three half marathons in three days – raising more than £1,800 for charity
- Credit: Supplied
A Fenland photographer has raised more than £1,800 for NHS charities after running three half marathons in just three days.
Ryan Jarvis from Wimblington completed the task he set himself in record time after originally allowing himself five days for the sprints.
The 48-year-old set a modest target of £1,000 for NHS Charities Together and has since nearly doubled that with the current number at £1,860.
The professional wedding and portrait photographer, originally from Chatteris, took on the challenge because, he said, “I want to do whatever I can”.
He said: “I did this to raise money for the NHS Charities Together cause, simply because I wanted to do whatever I can to support the NHS at such a critical time.
You may also want to watch:
“The work NHS staff have been doing during the coronavirus has been incredible and this is my way of saying thank you.”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ryan-jarvis5
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March