Photographers can win £150 for favourite Fenland charity or community group in Helping Hands competition
- Credit: Archant
Snappers have the chance to win £150 for their favourite local charity or community group in a county-wide photographic competition.
Helping Hands is the theme of the competition, organised by the Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS), the University of Cambridge and Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.
Staff, volunteers or supporters of groups from across Cambridgeshire are invited to submit pictures that illustrate the positive contribution they make to their communities.
Last year there were seven entries from Fenland; three of them – featuring Wisbech Street Pride, the Ferry Project and FACET - were shortlisted for a prize.
The closing date for entries is October 24. The winners will be announced at the CCVS conference on November 11.
Two prizes of £150 will go to the organisations featured in the winning entries. One will be selected by a panel of judges, the other by people attending the conference.
All the photographs must have been taken with the permission of those shown. Where young people (aged 17 and under) are featured, permission must have been obtained from a parent or guardian.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
Photographs must be sent as an attachment along with an entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details and entry forms, go to www.cambridgecvs.org.uk, e-mail email@example.com or call 01223 464696.