Photographers can win £150 for favourite Fenland charity or community group in Helping Hands competition
- Credit: Archant
Snappers have the chance to win £150 for their favourite local charity or community group in a county-wide photographic competition.
Helping Hands is the theme of the competition, organised by the Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS), the University of Cambridge and Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.
Staff, volunteers or supporters of groups from across Cambridgeshire are invited to submit pictures that illustrate the positive contribution they make to their communities.
Last year there were seven entries from Fenland; three of them – featuring Wisbech Street Pride, the Ferry Project and FACET - were shortlisted for a prize.
The closing date for entries is October 24. The winners will be announced at the CCVS conference on November 11.
You may also want to watch:
Two prizes of £150 will go to the organisations featured in the winning entries. One will be selected by a panel of judges, the other by people attending the conference.
All the photographs must have been taken with the permission of those shown. Where young people (aged 17 and under) are featured, permission must have been obtained from a parent or guardian.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Photographs must be sent as an attachment along with an entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details and entry forms, go to www.cambridgecvs.org.uk, e-mail email@example.com or call 01223 464696.