Charity cabaret show in memory of burlesque performer's friend
- Credit: PHOXY QURVY
A professional burlesque performer is hosting a charity cabaret night in memory of a student's mum who died of a brain tumour.
Phoxy Qurvy, who runs Phoxy Qurvy’s School of Burly in Cambridgeshire, is hosting a show called ‘School’s in for Stunners’ at Doddington Village Hall.
It will be her sixth charity show but her first back since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The show, on Saturday September 11 and in aid of The Brain Tumour Charity, will feature a line-up of award-winning cabaret stars from across the country.
Ellie Von Est, Adora Belle, The Naughty Nannies, Phoenix Belle, Ruby D'Woo, Enigma Variations and Lou Safire will all perform on the night.
She said: "I usually run three events there a year but this is the first back since the restrictions have been eased.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be great to showcase the diversity of entertainment available in Cambridgeshire and reach a broader audience."
Book tickets online.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel