Pic of the bunch
MARCH has its very own budding Picasso. Louis Vinciguerra, nine, has beaten hundreds of talented young artists to become a finalist in Somerfield s Bag for Life competition. The nationwide contest has been organised to find a talented youngster to design
MARCH has its very own budding Picasso.
Louis Vinciguerra, nine, has beaten hundreds of talented young artists to become a finalist in Somerfield's 'Bag for Life' competition.
The nationwide contest has been organised to find a talented youngster to design the supermarket's 'Bag for Life' - a special scheme whereby shoppers receive one each time they return any five old carrier bags.
If Louis wins the competition, his design will be featured on a limited edition 'Bag for Life', which will be available in Somerfield stores nationwide, and will also receive top art supplies to help him practise his skills at home
You may also want to watch:
Children aged three to 12 were asked to submit designs with an outdoor and fresh food theme and send them to the panel of judges. Ten finalists were selected and an overall winner will be announced in the coming weeks.
Louis impressed the judges with his colourful drawing representing two different worlds, one with and one without recycling.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Louis, of Burrowmoor Road, said: "I'm so happy to have reached the final of the competition and pleased that the judges like my design.
"I think it's important that people recycle their plastic bags to help save the environment. Fingers crossed mine is the winning design."
Somerfield spokesman Pete Williams said:" Louis's design really blew the panel away and he impressed the judges with his creativity."
Picture: BRIAN PURDY