Picture perfect - old photos, cards and school books are reunited with their owners after a plea on our newspaper’s website
- Credit: Archant
Less than 24 hours after putting out a plea to find the owner of old photos, cards and school reports found in the attic of a Wisbech home, a family have stepped forward to claim the memories.
Mikki Elam, who runs Mikki’s Hair Care in Leverington and is a coach at Fenland Gymnastics Academy saw the story and said she only read it as one of the photos looked like her 11 year old daughter Emma.
“It was weirdest thing for us to see,” she said.
“I only read the story because I spotted one of the photos of a young girl and thought how much it looked like my daughter Emma.”
Mikki and her husband Gary bought the terraced house in Burcroft road, Wisbech, in 1991 as their first home then sold it to Gary’s cousin Tony and his wife Janice in 1996.
You may also want to watch:
The couple sold it in 2000 and that owner sold it this year to a woman from Essex who took it on as a renovation project.
It was when she was carrying out work to run new cables that she found the items.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“Janice has wanted to find her record of achievement form school and had no idea where it was, well there it was - on the pages of the Wisbech Standard news story, such a weird day.
“There were some of my old hairdressing things from college too.”
Mikki said: “We think stuff must have fallen out of boxes when Tony and Gary cleared the attic and just got lost up there.”
The new home owner said: “I couldn’t throw the things out, these are somebody’s memories.
“I once lost hundreds of photos from my computer and I was heart broken so felt it was the right thing to do to get them back to the rightful owners.”