PICTURES: Hunt is on for man who held up bookmakers ‘at gunpoint’ and stole thousands of pounds in cash
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to trace in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
The incident took place at about 11.15am on Sunday, July 6, at S&D bookmakers in High Street, Littleport.
A man walked in brandishing what has been described as a black handgun, went to the counter and demanded money from a female member of staff.
He was handed a significant amount of cash in a bag before he fled along High Street towards Hitches Street.
Police believe the robber had gone to the shop about one hour before the crime but was unable to get in because it was closed.
You may also want to watch:
PC Steve Gilbey, who is investigating, said: “I believe the offender may have spoken to an elderly woman as he was trying the door at just after 10am. I would urge her, or anyone else who was in the area at the time, to come forwards.
“This was a cowardly and desperate act and a frightening ordeal for the member of staff who was very shaken.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“I would urge anyone who recognises the person in the CCTV or who has any other information about this robbery to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Gilbey on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.