Pidley’s famous parachuting teddy mountain rescue team hosting special event
- Credit: Archant
A MOUNTAIN rescue charity famous for its parachuting teddy bear is hosting a special one-off drop-in event in Pidley on Saturday.
Members of Pidley Mountain Rescue Team will give an insight into their valuable work at Pidley Village Social Club from 2-5pm.
There will also be traditional village fete activities, including cake and plant stalls and children’s games,
The charity, which provides specialised equipment to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities, was created when a villager’s car broke down on the slope leading to Pidley.
His charitable rescuers pushed the car up the ‘mountain’ home.
They have adopted Little Pidley Ted, a teddy bear, as their mascot.
In the past 12 months Little Pidley Ted has travelled 31,702 miles with Pidley Mountain Rescue Team’s supporters and rescuees.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Trips have included gliding in the French Alps, visiting the White House in Washington, snowboarding down Whistler Mountain in Canada, scuba diving in Tobago and going to the Paralympic Games in London.
To find out more about Pidley Mountain Rescue Team, including information on how to make a donation, go to www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk or find them on Facebook.