Pidley’s famous parachuting teddy mountain rescue team hosting special event
- Credit: Archant
A MOUNTAIN rescue charity famous for its parachuting teddy bear is hosting a special one-off drop-in event in Pidley on Saturday.
Members of Pidley Mountain Rescue Team will give an insight into their valuable work at Pidley Village Social Club from 2-5pm.
There will also be traditional village fete activities, including cake and plant stalls and children’s games,
The charity, which provides specialised equipment to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities, was created when a villager’s car broke down on the slope leading to Pidley.
His charitable rescuers pushed the car up the ‘mountain’ home.
You may also want to watch:
They have adopted Little Pidley Ted, a teddy bear, as their mascot.
In the past 12 months Little Pidley Ted has travelled 31,702 miles with Pidley Mountain Rescue Team’s supporters and rescuees.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Trips have included gliding in the French Alps, visiting the White House in Washington, snowboarding down Whistler Mountain in Canada, scuba diving in Tobago and going to the Paralympic Games in London.
To find out more about Pidley Mountain Rescue Team, including information on how to make a donation, go to www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk or find them on Facebook.