Pidley’s famous parachuting teddy mountain rescue team hosting special event
- Credit: Archant
A MOUNTAIN rescue charity famous for its parachuting teddy bear is hosting a special one-off drop-in event in Pidley on Saturday.
Members of Pidley Mountain Rescue Team will give an insight into their valuable work at Pidley Village Social Club from 2-5pm.
There will also be traditional village fete activities, including cake and plant stalls and children’s games,
The charity, which provides specialised equipment to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities, was created when a villager’s car broke down on the slope leading to Pidley.
His charitable rescuers pushed the car up the ‘mountain’ home.
They have adopted Little Pidley Ted, a teddy bear, as their mascot.
In the past 12 months Little Pidley Ted has travelled 31,702 miles with Pidley Mountain Rescue Team’s supporters and rescuees.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
Trips have included gliding in the French Alps, visiting the White House in Washington, snowboarding down Whistler Mountain in Canada, scuba diving in Tobago and going to the Paralympic Games in London.
To find out more about Pidley Mountain Rescue Team, including information on how to make a donation, go to www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk or find them on Facebook.