Piece of Whittlesey history up for sale as Grade-II listed cottage hits the market
PROPERTY buyers have the chance to purchase a piece of Whittlesey’s history after a Grade-II listed town cottage was put on the market.
Parts of the building date back to the 17th century, with exposed beams and wooden flooring giving it a touch of class.
The cottage, in Finkle Lane, includes a lounge, dining room, kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor.
A gallaried bedroom, with rafters, exposed beams and wooden floor, lies on the first floor complete with a study or dressing area.
The garden is enclosed with a mix of lawn, block paved patio, shrub borders and a timber shed.
You may also want to watch:
The lounge boasts an original inglenook fireplace while the dining room’s exposed brickwork typifies one of the town’s most historic buildings.
The one-bedroom cottage is on the market with Grays of Whittlesey. To view the property or for more information, contact Grays 0843 314 7051 or visit their Broad Street branch.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack