Motorcycle pillion passenger died in A141 collision at Wimblington
- Credit: Policing Fenland on Facebook
A woman has died following a collision yesterday involving a motorcycle and a tractor on the A141 at Wimblington.
The collision happened at around 10:55am on the A141, Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington. A red Kawasaki motorbike and a tractor were involved.
Emergency services attended but the pillion passenger of the motorcycle, a woman in her 50s, died at the scene.
The driver of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
The driver of the tractor, a woman, was not injured and stopped at the scene.
Policed closed the road between the A141 / B1101 and B1093 Manea Road while emergency services attended the incident.
Drivers were urged to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
Officers believe a number of motorists witnessed the incident but left before police arrival.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the tractor or motorbike in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact us via our web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number 200 of 2 August.