Motorcycle pillion passenger died in A141 collision at Wimblington
- Credit: Policing Fenland on Facebook
A woman has died following a collision yesterday involving a motorcycle and a tractor on the A141 at Wimblington.
The collision happened at around 10:55am on the A141, Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington. A red Kawasaki motorbike and a tractor were involved.
Emergency services attended but the pillion passenger of the motorcycle, a woman in her 50s, died at the scene.
The driver of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
The driver of the tractor, a woman, was not injured and stopped at the scene.
Policed closed the road between the A141 / B1101 and B1093 Manea Road while emergency services attended the incident.
Drivers were urged to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Teenage driver dies yards from home in 2am crash
Officers believe a number of motorists witnessed the incident but left before police arrival.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the tractor or motorbike in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact us via our web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number 200 of 2 August.