Motorcycle pillion passenger died in A141 collision at Wimblington
- Credit: Policing Fenland on Facebook
A woman has died following a collision yesterday involving a motorcycle and a tractor on the A141 at Wimblington.
The collision happened at around 10:55am on the A141, Isle of Ely Way, Wimblington. A red Kawasaki motorbike and a tractor were involved.
Emergency services attended but the pillion passenger of the motorcycle, a woman in her 50s, died at the scene.
The driver of the motorcycle, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
The driver of the tractor, a woman, was not injured and stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Policed closed the road between the A141 / B1101 and B1093 Manea Road while emergency services attended the incident.
Drivers were urged to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Officers believe a number of motorists witnessed the incident but left before police arrival.
Anyone who saw the collision, or the tractor or motorbike in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact us via our web-chat or by calling 101 quoting incident number 200 of 2 August.