Pints pull in pounds for Wilburton charity groups
- Credit: Archant
Wilburton Beer Festival profits were distributed to local charities in a formal presentation ceremony.
The event was held at Wilburton Primary School where it was heard that the Playground Working Group were the main beneficiary of 2013.
Beer Festival members attended the opening ceremony of the playground last month presenting a cheque for £2,500.
At the Beneficiary Ceremony donations were given to Haddenham First Responders, Humpty’s Pre-School, The Liam Fairhurst Foundation, Wilburton Baptist Baby and Toddler Group, Haddenham Guides, Wilburton Brownies, Wilburton Rainbows and HEART.
Miss Jenny Bone, Head of School, thanked the Beer Festival Team for nominating Wilburton Primary as the Main Beneficiary for 2014.
You may also want to watch:
The funds raised will make much needed improvements in IT equipment that will ensure the pupils benefit from the latest technology and eLearning opportunities.
Chairman of the Beer Festival, Stephen Thompson, said: “Our philosophy is to have fun, introduce great beers to visitors and raise money for good causes.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
“We are delighted to be able to make these donations today. The Beer Festival is run entirely voluntarily and all profits are donated to local groups and charities.
“In the 15 years the festival has been running, more than £44,000 has been raised. We are very much looking forward to doing it all again at the 16th Wilburton Beer Festival which will be held on the June 21 and 22.”