Pip Read from Upwell enjoys success with her Shire horses at the Suffolk County Show
- Credit: Archant
Having spent the weekend at Strumpshall Country Show - Pip Read and her black and white shires went on to Suffolk County Show where she to took first place with Cragghall Connor in the Decorated Harness class.
Also her horse Mr Fox took third place in a very strong class of 17 in the gelding and second in the Equifest Qualifier.
The Four Black and White shires competed in various other classes and placed
- including young Chorley’s Marvellous (Scotty) being placed fifth in the under two year olds - throughout the weekend, these can be seen at Upwell Playing Field Horse and Pony Show on June 17.
There will be around 30 different classes including ridden and in-hand at the monthly show on the Upwell Playing Field - which has been hosting these events for the past three or four years attracting riders, and horse lovers from across Fenland.
Money raised by the event goes towards the upkeep of the playing field and pavilion.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body