Plan your diversions now as A47 Guyhirn to Wisbech road set to close for seven weekday nights
- Credit: Archant
A FOUR mile stretch of the A47 between Guyhirn and Wisbech is to close for seven out of nine nights next month.
The Highways Agency says the closure will enable the road to be resurfaced and road markings renewed.
Work will start on Thursday July 4 and is expected to be complete by 6am Saturday July 13.
Highs Agency spokesman Aran Nugent said the work was being carried out overnight to minimise disruption.
He said: “This work has been scheduled to take place overnight, Monday to Friday nights only, to minimise disruption to road users.
You may also want to watch:
“I advise anyone who may be affected by these closures to plan ahead and allow extra time to travel.”
Work is due to begin at 8pm on Thursday 4 July and complete by 6am on Saturday 13 July. Both the east and westbound carriageways will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am while work takes place.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
Drivers travelling west on the A47 will follow a clearly signed diversion via A1101, A1122, A10, A142 and A141 to rejoin the A47 at Guyhirn. Road users travelling east will follow the same diversion in the opposite direction.