Planned ‘illegal rave’ disrupted by police officers
- Credit: Archant
Plans for an illegal rave were disrupted on Friday night by several police cars and a police helicopter.
Officers were alerted to a ‘gathering of people at a remote location near to Chatteris’ by a public spirited member of the community.
“They felt the gathering was likely to be the start of a rave,” said a police spokesman.
“Prompt police attendance found approximately 30 young people all believed to be from the local area.
“They were dispersed and no rave or unauthorised music event held.
You may also want to watch:
“As this incident shows, the eyes and ears of the community are crucial in helping your local police officers deter and prevent such gatherings.
“Farmers and those people with barns and buildings in rural locations are encouraged to check their building security and report any suspicious activity.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off