Planners must take into account impact of Eastrea Road homes when deciding Whittlesey Showfields planning application
I write with regard to the proposed development of the Showfields site in Whittlesey.
Having made my objections (yet again) to Fenland planners. I find that it did not publish my comments, as maybe it thought them irrelevant.
Well I assure you that I do not find them irrelevant. So, if the planners won’t tell you what I have to say, I will say it here.
Whittlesey is a small town with major problems regarding traffic.
There is at present a development being built in Eastrea Road. This will create 400 houses.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed housing on the Showfields site will create 220 houses, making a total of 620 houses.
Assuming that each of these houses brings 2.4 children average. That will mean 1,488 children.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Assuming that each house has two adults, there will be an extra 1,240 adults, making a population increase in Whittlesey of 2,728 people.
Also, if these houses have two cars each there will be 1,240 extra cars.
When making a decision on this application it would be VERY wrong for planners not to take into account the current development.
This would create an enormous strain on doctors, schools and roads.