Plans to hold rave in March area this weekend thwarted by police
- Credit: Archant
“You will be turned away” is the warning from police about planned activity to hold a rave in the March area this weekend.
A police spokesman said: “We would like to reassure the local community that we are working with our partners to ensure there is minimal disruption and risk to public safety.”
Julie Bailey, crime reduction and community safety officer, added: “Cambridgeshire Police received some intelligence to suggest that there could be a rave taking place somewhere in the Fenland area.
“Please could I ask you as members of the public to be extra vigilant and if you see anything that you feel could be suspicious or looks out of place in the local area to contact us.
“Persons evaluating the area, looking around buildings and yards or open barns, or convoys of cars with young people in them during the early evening in areas that you wouldn’t expect.”
You may also want to watch:
If you see any suspicious activity, contact the non-emergency number 101, or 999 if there are large groups of people or vehicles.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack