Plans to produce booklet of memories from Wisbech Courthouse
THE Wisbech Standard gave excellent coverage to the closing ceremonies at Wisbech Courthouse. It was indeed a very sad and emotional day for all of us who have served in the court.
However, some of us feel that the memories of those who have served or appeared there should not be lost with the court.
We are planning to produce a booklet of memories of the court, also to hold a photographic exhibition in Wisbech at the end of May.
Joan Keep, chairman of the University of the Third Age (U3A) has kindly agreed to collect these for us.
If anyone has any memories they could share please either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Joan Keep, 338 High Rd, Newton, Wisbech, PE13 5ES.
You may also want to watch:
We do not want to lose this part of our heritage and recent history just because the court house has closed.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell