Plans to produce booklet of memories from Wisbech Courthouse
THE Wisbech Standard gave excellent coverage to the closing ceremonies at Wisbech Courthouse. It was indeed a very sad and emotional day for all of us who have served in the court.
However, some of us feel that the memories of those who have served or appeared there should not be lost with the court.
We are planning to produce a booklet of memories of the court, also to hold a photographic exhibition in Wisbech at the end of May.
Joan Keep, chairman of the University of the Third Age (U3A) has kindly agreed to collect these for us.
If anyone has any memories they could share please either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Joan Keep, 338 High Rd, Newton, Wisbech, PE13 5ES.
You may also want to watch:
We do not want to lose this part of our heritage and recent history just because the court house has closed.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 9 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary