Plans to produce booklet of memories from Wisbech Courthouse
THE Wisbech Standard gave excellent coverage to the closing ceremonies at Wisbech Courthouse. It was indeed a very sad and emotional day for all of us who have served in the court.
However, some of us feel that the memories of those who have served or appeared there should not be lost with the court.
We are planning to produce a booklet of memories of the court, also to hold a photographic exhibition in Wisbech at the end of May.
Joan Keep, chairman of the University of the Third Age (U3A) has kindly agreed to collect these for us.
If anyone has any memories they could share please either email to email@example.com or post to Joan Keep, 338 High Rd, Newton, Wisbech, PE13 5ES.
We do not want to lose this part of our heritage and recent history just because the court house has closed.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 5 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 6 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 7 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 9 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 10 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained