Plant sales, work experience and donations - Sainsbury’s in March is thanked for supporting a college for adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
A March supermarket handed over a bumper cheque for £941.60 as part of year of supporting a March college for students with learning disabilities.
FACET enjoyed the conclusion of what they said had been a fantastic year as Sainsbury’s March store collected the cheque for them.
Staff and customers raised the total by organising bag packs and collecting donations throughout the year.
FACET manager Kris Harrold said “Sainsbury’s have been amazing to FACET all year, they’ve given us so much, from televisions and DVD players through to organising plant sales and even allowing us to get some work experience in too.
“The staff have been so supportive and every gesture has been really appreciated by everyone at the college.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to continue to work in partnership with Sainsbury’s in some capacity for many years to come.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary