Plea for help for a dog dumped in the middle of nowhere at night in Tydd St Giles
- Credit: Archant
An animal lover, used to collecting dogs in terrible states as part of Ravenswood Pet Rescue, has been reduced to tears at the state of an animal that was dumped in Tydd St Giles.
Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood, said: “This poor dog is in a disgraceful state, dumped in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.
“The vet said it is the worst case he has ever seen, this dog’s skin is a mess.
“I hate this, I hate how there are people out there who don’t care for animals, treat them so cruelly, neglect them , dump them.
“I’m heartbroken, some days it just feels too much and today is one of them, this poor dog needs help, yet she was chucked out of a car in the middle of nowhere at night by some callous person who didn’t want anybody to see what they were doing.”
You may also want to watch:
The female cocker spaniel, who has been named Wanda, is in such a state that she can’t open her eyes, she can’t hear.
“She is struggling to walk, she is weak and sore, her skin is a mess”, Shelley said.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
Through tears she said: “A woman in Tydd St Giles heard a car pull up, then not long after drive off, she heard a noise and realised they had just dumped a dog, just like that in the middle of nowhere, it is disgusting.”
The dog was kept in the woman’s garage overnight until she was picked up by Ravensoowd today (Weds 26).
The dog is now at Best Friends Vets in March.
• Ravenswood are appealing for people to help with funds to keep her alive. Donate by visiting the Best Friends practice at Upwell Road or donate via their Paypal page