Please cycle on the road – before someone gets hurt, or worse
On two occasions in the past four weeks I’ve watched fully-grown men somersault over the bonnet of my car.
Thankfully neither were injured by their unexpected face-to-face with the pavement, but both were cycling too fast to stop as I slowly pulled out of my driveway.
One even commented, after I helped him to his feet: “I know I’m not supposed to cycle on the pavement, but it’s safer than being on the road.” But for who I wonder?
Consider what will happen when one of these cyclists connects with a dog, a small child or a pram rather than a tonne of steel coming out of a driveway.
PLEASE – before somebody gets hurt, or worse – cycle on the road!
You may also want to watch:
C ST JOHN
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public