Please, electorate, give extra thought to voting in Fenland District Council polls
DEAR voter, we are writing an open letter to ask that you give that extra thought to voting this time.
You will already be aware of the cuts imposed by the Conservative-Liberal Democrat Government but probably not yet been affected by them.
Be under no illusion that if you or your family use any council services you will be affected in the months and years ahead.
This year there has been a 30 per cent increase in the number of Labour candidates standing in Fenland. This is no accident; we are all greatly concerned by what is happening and is going to happen and want to defend the vulnerable in our community.
We also do not want to have to deal with the consequences of reducing police resources – many of us feel we don’t see enough uniform presence as it stands.
Many of us are standing for political office for the first time, we are fellow citizens wishing to protect and promote our communities.
It is important that Fenland District Council has some political balance and greater representation for YOU and yours.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
If you have a question or would like a candidate to contact you then please contact us at www.necambslabour.co.uk Otherwise, please make your voice heard on May 5.
If you wish to speak to someone from the Labour Party the following are contact telephone numbers for these elections: 01945 450578, 01945 464615, 01945 589389, 01354 657702, 01733 350726.
LABOUR FENLAND CANDIDATES
EDITOR’S NOTE: Labour has 20 candidates across Fenland in this year’s council elections. They are (in alphabetical order of Ward):
Aidan HERVEY (Benwick, Coates and Eastrea)
Ann PURT (Clarkson)
David LEWIS (Delph)
Nicholas POOLE (Elm and Christchurch)
Dean REEVES (Hill)
John WHITE (Kirkgate)
Jes HIBBERT (Lattersey)
Martin FIELD (March East)
Louis SUGDEN (March East)
Robert WILLIAMS (March East)
Matthew ROUTLEDGE (March North)
Christopher CARTER (March West)
Mark PLUMB (Medworth)
David GOODE (Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary)
Simon MASSEN (Peckover)
Kay SCOTT (Roman Bank)
Grant OSBORUN (Slade Lode)
Reg MEE (Staithe)
Barry DIGGLE (Waterlees)
Avis GILLIATT (Waterlees)