Please help trace the owner of this picture - I can’t bear to throw it out
THIS is a picture of the Smith family who farmed in Burley-in-Wharfedale, near Ilkley, West Yorkshire, probably taken in the 1920s.
It is of Mr and Mrs Smith with their sons and daughters. The names of the daughters were Ida Edna and I think Chrisy.
Ida became Ida Payne, who had a daughter called Barbara (I don’t know her married name). Barbara came to live in Wisbech and owned a clothes/haberdashery shop in the 1960s/70s which sold school uniforms. She had a daughter called Tracy and a son called Mark.
I am trying to trace these people because I am sure they would like this beautiful studio portrait of the grandparents and great-grandparents. Someone called Ruth Livesey (married name Randal) gave it to me about 10 years ago. It has been in my cupboard ever since.
We are moving into a smaller house and I can’t bear to throw it out. I am afraid I do not have any more clues.
You may also want to watch:
If someone does have any information could they get in touch with the paper.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover