Please help trace the owner of this picture - I can’t bear to throw it out
THIS is a picture of the Smith family who farmed in Burley-in-Wharfedale, near Ilkley, West Yorkshire, probably taken in the 1920s.
It is of Mr and Mrs Smith with their sons and daughters. The names of the daughters were Ida Edna and I think Chrisy.
Ida became Ida Payne, who had a daughter called Barbara (I don’t know her married name). Barbara came to live in Wisbech and owned a clothes/haberdashery shop in the 1960s/70s which sold school uniforms. She had a daughter called Tracy and a son called Mark.
I am trying to trace these people because I am sure they would like this beautiful studio portrait of the grandparents and great-grandparents. Someone called Ruth Livesey (married name Randal) gave it to me about 10 years ago. It has been in my cupboard ever since.
We are moving into a smaller house and I can’t bear to throw it out. I am afraid I do not have any more clues.
If someone does have any information could they get in touch with the paper.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building