Pleased my vision has been borne out
I AM so pleased that Fenland District Council is ranked number one out of 388 local authorities. Fenland is now officially the fastest improving council. In 2002, when I became leader of the council, I set out a vision statement that outlined the journey
I AM so pleased that Fenland District Council is ranked number one out of 388 local authorities.
Fenland is now officially the fastest improving council.
In 2002, when I became leader of the council, I set out a vision statement that outlined the journey of travel for the council. I set about changing the team and reforming the way the council worked.
I remember saying to councillors: "Look at Fenland now. Is this how you want to be in 2007?"
You may also want to watch:
Despite some hard criticism and personal abuse, I was determined to take Fenland along that journey towards this goal.
I am so pleased my policies and predictions have been borne out. I am only sorry that I was not around to see it through, but my congratulations to the leader (Councillor Geoff Harper), officers and members for seeing this through in my absence.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
The people of Fenland should not underestimate the importance of this achievement. In local authority terms, it puts Fenland in the premier league.
I am so proud of this. I feel totally vindicated for some of the actions I took.
CLLR ALAN MELTON
St Martins Road