Plenty of new attractions as Walpole St Peter near Wisbech celebrates its annual flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year’s flower festival at Walpole St Peter had a nervous few days ahead of this weekend’s opening as high winds prevented many of the marquees and tents from being erected
However cometh the day cometh the village enterprise and it opened with everything, as they say, in the garden looking splendid.
This year new additions were added – many of them for the children- so there is plenty to see and enjoy both inside and outside the church.
A miniature railway was a great attraction, as too were Molly Dancers, and Punch and Judy.
The event continues today and other events take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s theme is ‘Theatre and Musicals’. Over the years the flower festival has seen much change, say the organisers, and they’re hoping for another bumper success.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend