Plucky pupils conquer Caythorpe’s physical challenges
- Credit: Archant
Primary school pupils from Whittlesey visited Caythorpe Court, spending the week team building and pushing themselves beyond their comfort zone to beat tough physical challenges.
Fifty-six plucky Yr 5 pupils from Park Lane Primary and Nursery School challenged themselves with a variety of activities, including the high ropes, climbing wall, vertical challenge and abseiling.
Teamwork and trust were essential to the achievement of several activities and the children pushed themselves to their limit.
The programme of activities continued into the evenings and included a camp fire, the cube, a quiz night and wacky races.
Sarah Gregory, a Yr 5 teacher at Park Lane, said: “It has been a real privilege to see the children’s confidence in their own ability grow over the week, as well as being able to celebrate real personal success with individuals and groups.
You may also want to watch:
“Each year we offer outstanding opportunities and experiences to our pupils designed to grow their confidence and citizen values.
“Although the weather could have been kinder, it was a very worthwhile experience for pupils and staff alike.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years