Reports of poaching in Grandford Drove, March, leads to police pursuit through town centre
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit took place in March last night (Thursday October 19) after officers were called to reports of poaching.
“We were called at 4.49pm to reports of poaching in Granford Drove,” said a police spokesman.
“Officers attended the scene and pursued a vehicle into March town centre.
“The offenders then left the vehicle and ran off on foot.
“It is not known how many people were in the car or if any arrests were made.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information should call police on 101.”
An eyewitness said: “I saw police cars and policemen running up and down the high street looking for three youths.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“There was also a number of police cars parked outside the Oliver Cromwell Hotel.”
Poaching is the illegal practice of trespassing on another’s property to hunt or steal game without the landowner’s permission.