Poets promote peace in new anthology to be launched in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Peace is the subject of anthology of poems set to be launched in Wisbech next month.
Fenland’s Poet Laureate Poppy Kleiser has edited the book, which contains 27 poems.
The launch at Wisbech museum on April 10 will give people a chance to buy first copies of the book and also to hear performances from the poets featured.
Poems for Peace is an anthology of mainly local poetry covering war throughout history across the globe, with a strong pacifist stance and a foreword from internationally acclaimed poet Benjamin Zephaniah.
“These poets are learning from the lessons of the past, they are exploring the universal truths,” writes Benjamin Zephaniah
You may also want to watch:
The poems explore conflicts from Iraq to Somalia; the Highlands to Heligoland.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire