Poignant photo taken in a March retirement home wins photographer Alan Bennett a prize and recognition in global competition
- Credit: Archant
A photo taken by Alan Bennett of a man and a his great grand daughter in a March retirement home has been selected as one of the top 10 images in a global competition.
Pearson, creative agency Mother London and design partner Together invited photographers around the world to submit images that captured the essence and emotion of education and learning.
Among the over 500 photographs submitted was one from Mr Bennett.
He was on an assignment for Media Imaging Solutios at the Park Lodge Retirement Home in March when he saw the photo opportunity.
“I just saw the gentleman and the little girl walking down the corridor and I was inspired by their responses to one another to take a photograph,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“When I contacted Pearson sometime later about commercial work they informed me about the competition and I knew just the photo that I would send them.”
“I am so proud to have been selected by the judges, particularly by someone with the reputation of Rankin and to find my work appreciated in this way, along with photographers from around the world.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
Mr Bennett, of St Ives, won $500 for the photo.