Poignant photo taken in a March retirement home wins photographer Alan Bennett a prize and recognition in global competition
- Credit: Archant
A photo taken by Alan Bennett of a man and a his great grand daughter in a March retirement home has been selected as one of the top 10 images in a global competition.
Pearson, creative agency Mother London and design partner Together invited photographers around the world to submit images that captured the essence and emotion of education and learning.
Among the over 500 photographs submitted was one from Mr Bennett.
He was on an assignment for Media Imaging Solutios at the Park Lodge Retirement Home in March when he saw the photo opportunity.
“I just saw the gentleman and the little girl walking down the corridor and I was inspired by their responses to one another to take a photograph,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“When I contacted Pearson sometime later about commercial work they informed me about the competition and I knew just the photo that I would send them.”
“I am so proud to have been selected by the judges, particularly by someone with the reputation of Rankin and to find my work appreciated in this way, along with photographers from around the world.”
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
Mr Bennett, of St Ives, won $500 for the photo.