Police announce probe into alleged ‘financial discrepancies’ at Fenland social club
POLICE disclosed today they have been called into a Fenland social club following reports of alleged financial discrepancies.
The police probe has begun at the Ivy Leaf Club in Gracious Street, Whittlesey, which has declined renewal to members pending a special meeting called for this Sunday.
The club is traditionally a focal point for many groups and organisations in the town, and hosts part of the entertainment for the annual Straw Bear Festival.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said tonight: “A number of financial discrepancies have been reported at the club and we are investigating.
““We are working with the current members of the committee and inquiries are ongoing
You may also want to watch:
The Ivy Leaf says on its website that it is social club with “high aims and expectations. The club is able to sell beers and spirits at very competitive prices and is recognised by CAMRA.”
The club’s website show the following as being members of the management team of the Ivy Leaf.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Chairperson – Mr Andrew Flatters
Vice Chairperson – Mrs Carol Hedges
Secretary – Mr Bill Gibson
Treasurer – Mr John Lee
Steward – Miss Kim Ingram