Appeal for dash cam footage after A47 crash near Thorney Toll leaves nine injured
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for dash cam footage as nine people were injured following a multi-vehicle crash on the A47 near Thorney Toll this weekend.
The A47 near Thorney was closed for five hours following the incident at 12pm on Sunday (May 6).
The crash involved a green Jeep Cherokee, a blue Vauxhall Meriva and a silver Hyundai IX35 and happened near the Thorney Toll services.
Nine people were injured, three seriously. All were taken to hospital.
PC Stephanie Corletto said: “I would like anyone who witnessed the collision or anybody with dash cam footage to come forward.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it is asked to contact the road policing unit by calling 101 and quote incident 173 of May 4, or report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
Magpas air ambulance flew to the scene just before noon.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
They said that the enhanced medical team assessed one patient (in her 30’s) who had sustained multiple injuries.
They gave the woman advanced pain relief at the scene (providing her with A&E level care) before accompanying her to Peterborough City Hospital via land ambulance.
East Anglian Air Ambulance, An EEAST Ambulance Service paramedic crew, Cambridgeshire Police and the Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance.