Appeal for dash cam footage after A47 crash near Thorney Toll leaves nine injured
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for dash cam footage as nine people were injured following a multi-vehicle crash on the A47 near Thorney Toll this weekend.
The A47 near Thorney was closed for five hours following the incident at 12pm on Sunday (May 6).
The crash involved a green Jeep Cherokee, a blue Vauxhall Meriva and a silver Hyundai IX35 and happened near the Thorney Toll services.
Nine people were injured, three seriously. All were taken to hospital.
PC Stephanie Corletto said: “I would like anyone who witnessed the collision or anybody with dash cam footage to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it is asked to contact the road policing unit by calling 101 and quote incident 173 of May 4, or report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
Magpas air ambulance flew to the scene just before noon.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
They said that the enhanced medical team assessed one patient (in her 30’s) who had sustained multiple injuries.
They gave the woman advanced pain relief at the scene (providing her with A&E level care) before accompanying her to Peterborough City Hospital via land ambulance.
East Anglian Air Ambulance, An EEAST Ambulance Service paramedic crew, Cambridgeshire Police and the Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance.