Police appeal for help in tracing thief
POLICE want to speak to this man, pictured here on CCTV, in connection with thefts from gym lockers in March. Four people had valuables taken from secured lockers after using the George Campbell Leisure Centre. Cheque cards, driving licences, mobile phone
POLICE want to speak to this man, pictured here on CCTV, in connection with thefts from gym lockers in March.
Four people had valuables taken from secured lockers after using the George Campbell Leisure Centre.
Cheque cards, driving licences, mobile phones, cash, watches and a mini disc player were all stolen on Wednesday, July 18.
Pc Jason Hunns said: "I would like to talk to anyone who was at the leisure centre at the time and may have seen something suspicious.
"If you remember seeing anyone hanging around the lockers, please do not hesitate to get in touch."
A spokesman for Fenland District Council, which operates the centre, said: "We have not had very many thefts in our leisure centres and this is a freak incident so we are not looking at increasing security at this stage.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
"I understand that lots of people use the leisure centre in the summer holidays and I would like to reassure them that this sort of thing does not happen very often and it shouldn't put them off."
CONTACT: Pc Hunns at March Police Station on 08454 564564.