Police appeal for information after elderly woman injured during robbery
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was dragged along the ground during a robbery in Wisbech.
Details of the incident which happened about 4.55pm on Friday have just been released.
The robbery happend as the victim - a woman in her 70s - came out of the passageway that links Churchill Road and William Road.
The woman, who is in her 70s, had been shopping and was on her way to a friend’s house when a man approached from behind and grabbed her shopping bag.
The victim held on to the bag, but she was dragged along the floor, and received minor injuries.
She screamed for help and the offender ran off with the shopping bag in the direction of Norwich Road.
He is described as white, in his late teens or early 20s, 5’6”to 5’7” and had dark brown hair. He was wearing a white hooded top, blue jeans and a navy blue or black jacket.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
PC Lee Callow said: “Although the victim didn’t receive serious injuries she has been left extremely shocked by this incident.
“There would have been a number of people in the area at the time of the robbery and I would urge anyone with information to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.