Police appeal for information after elderly woman injured during robbery
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was dragged along the ground during a robbery in Wisbech.
Details of the incident which happened about 4.55pm on Friday have just been released.
The robbery happend as the victim - a woman in her 70s - came out of the passageway that links Churchill Road and William Road.
The woman, who is in her 70s, had been shopping and was on her way to a friend’s house when a man approached from behind and grabbed her shopping bag.
The victim held on to the bag, but she was dragged along the floor, and received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She screamed for help and the offender ran off with the shopping bag in the direction of Norwich Road.
He is described as white, in his late teens or early 20s, 5’6”to 5’7” and had dark brown hair. He was wearing a white hooded top, blue jeans and a navy blue or black jacket.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
PC Lee Callow said: “Although the victim didn’t receive serious injuries she has been left extremely shocked by this incident.
“There would have been a number of people in the area at the time of the robbery and I would urge anyone with information to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.