Police appeal for witnesses after man found collapsed in alleyway with serious head injury
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was found collapsed in an alleyway in March last night with a serious head injury.
The 46-year-old was discovered in the alleyway off High Street, opposite the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, at just after 10pm by a passing cyclist.
The cyclist reported it to a nearby police officer who called paramedics.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he still remains with a serious, but not life-threatening, head injury.
Circumstances around the incident are unclear although detectives believe the man may have been assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
They would like to speak to two men who were seen in the area at the time who may have important information.
DC Mark Yendley, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time who may have information that could help our investigation.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
“It is not clear what happened but we believe the victim may have been assaulted.
“I would also urge the cyclist who first reported the incident to police officers to contact me.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Yendley on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.